AERO is a collective of arts organizations and artists dedicated to working together to build bridges between schools and the arts community.
Mission: The mission of AERO is to build bridges between schools and the arts community, ensuring an arts-inclusive education for all San Diego County students.
Vision: All San Diego County students have access to engaging, relevant, quality arts education.
AERO Core Values:
- Advocacy = the act or process of supporting arts education.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion = ensuring quality arts education for all students in San Diego.
- Engagement = an active process in which all participants are devoted to a shared course of action and experience change through being involved.
- Innovative Collaboration = working together to create artistic opportunities in arts education on all levels.
- Transformative Learning = broadening perspectives in beliefs and behaviors through knowledge acquisition and critical behavior.
AERO Event Schedule 2020-2021:
AERO Annual Meeting - August 17, 2020 Register here: https://sdcoe.k12oms.org/1023-187270
AERO Quarterly Meetings
November 16, 2020 Register here: https://sdcoe.k12oms.org/1023-187271
January 11, 2021 Register here: https://sdcoe.k12oms.org/1023-187272
March 26, 2021 Register here: https://sdcoe.k12oms.org/1023-187273
May 28, 2021 Register here: https://sdcoe.k12oms.org/1023-187274
AERO Professional Development
AERO Committee Meetings
August 17, 2020 - 12p.m.-2p.m.
Additional dates will be added soon
Meeting dates will be added soon
Governance - Improve the functionality of AERO through a coordinated effort focused on structure, communication, and commitment to the mission and vision of the organization.
Johanna Benson firstname.lastname@example.org
Pauline Crooks email@example.com
Julia Cuppy firstname.lastname@example.org
John Gabriel email@example.com
Susan Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
Adrienne Valencia email@example.com
Shelby Woulfe firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development - Serve local arts professionals such as teaching artists and arts administrators by promoting accessible and relevant professional development opportunities.
Larry DaSilveira email@example.com
Lucy Eagleson firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynne Jennings email@example.com
Keri Jhaveri firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Roberts email@example.com
Li-Anne Rowswell-Mufson firstname.lastname@example.org
Ell Rudgers email@example.com
Tim West firstname.lastname@example.org
Advocacy & Communications - The purpose of the Advocacy/Communications committee is twofold:
- To improve communication and collaboration among AERO organizations.
- To strategically advocate through community education to establish and maintain relationships with San Diego County stakeholders such as schools, policy makers, and teaching artists.
Jess Baron email@example.com
Julie Guy firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Hall email@example.com
Erika Paul firstname.lastname@example.org
Patricia Smith email@example.com
Please take the following actions to complete the membership application:
Provide 3 letters of recommendation from those with firsthand knowledge of services provided to students (PreK-12). Can include:
- Contracting and/or Partnering organizations who are AERO Members
- Community Centers/Libraries/Service Organizations
- Teachers/School Administrators/Parent Organization Leaders
**The letters need to be dated in the last 2 years and provide a copy of 501(c)3 or Business License.
Complete the online membership application available by clicking here
. Letters and other supporting documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via U.S. Mail to Pauline Crooks, SDCOE, 6401 Linda Vista Road, San Diego, CA 92111. Applications are reviewed by the AERO Governance Committee twice a year, in June and December.
Advantages of Provisional AERO Membership include:
- Opportunities to Network and Collaborate with AERO member organizations (Quarterly Meetings, Strategic Planning, Arts Empower San Diego Mega Conference)
- Opportunities to attend Professional Learning related to the work of AERO member organizations (Quarterly Meetings, Strategic Planning, Arts Empower San Diego Mega Conference, AERO PD Sessions)
Full AERO Membership also includes access to the following:
- Opportunities to Network and Collaborate with School District Personnel (examples include the AERO website, Arts Pack, tables at events such as Arts Empower San Diego Mega Conference, SDUSD VAPA Liaison Day)
Sign up here to receive a monthly newsletter with news and resources, professional learning opportunities and other events, and more.