AERO is a collective of arts organizations and artists dedicated to working together to build bridges between schools and the arts community.
Mission: The mission of AERO is to build bridges between schools and the arts community, ensuring an arts-inclusive education for all San Diego County students.
Vision: All San Diego County students have access to engaging, relevant, quality arts education.
AERO Core Values:
- Advocacy = the act or process of supporting arts education.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion = ensuring quality arts education for all students in San Diego.
- Engagement = an active process in which all participants are devoted to a shared course of action and experience change through being involved.
- Innovative Collaboration = working together to create artistic opportunities in arts education on all levels.
- Transformative Learning = broadening perspectives in beliefs and behaviors through knowledge acquisition and critical behavior.
AERO Event Schedule 2020-2021:
AERO Annual Meeting - August 17, 2020
AERO Quarterly Meetings
AERO Professional Development Sessions
AERO Committee Meetings
Meeting dates will be added soon
Professional Development Committee:
- November 2, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
- January 4, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
- March 8, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
- May 17, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Advocacy and Communications Committee:
Meeting dates will be added soon
Governance - Improve the functionality of AERO through a coordinated effort focused on structure, communication, and commitment to the mission and vision of the organization.
Professional Development - Serve local arts professionals such as teaching artists and arts administrators by promoting accessible and relevant professional development opportunities.
Advocacy & Communications - The purpose of the Advocacy/Communications committee is twofold:
- To improve communication and collaboration among AERO organizations.
- To strategically advocate through community education to establish and maintain relationships with San Diego County stakeholders such as schools, policy makers, and teaching artists.
opens in new window
Please take the following actions to complete the membership application:
Provide 3 letters of recommendation from those with firsthand knowledge of services provided to students (PreK-12). Can include:
- Contracting and/or Partnering organizations who are AERO Members
- Community Centers/Libraries/Service Organizations
- Teachers/School Administrators/Parent Organization Leaders
**The letters need to be dated in the last 2 years and provide a copy of 501(c)3 or Business License.
Complete the online membership application available by clicking here opens in new window
. Letters and other supporting documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via U.S. Mail to Pauline Crooks, SDCOE, 6401 Linda Vista Road, San Diego, CA 92111. Applications are reviewed by the AERO Governance Committee twice a year, in June and December.
Advantages of Provisional AERO Membership include:
- Opportunities to Network and Collaborate with AERO member organizations (Quarterly Meetings, Strategic Planning, Arts Empower San Diego Mega Conference)
- Opportunities to attend Professional Learning related to the work of AERO member organizations (Quarterly Meetings, Strategic Planning, Arts Empower San Diego Mega Conference, AERO PD Sessions)
Full AERO Membership also includes access to the following:
- Opportunities to Network and Collaborate with School District Personnel (examples include the AERO website, Arts Pack, tables at events such as Arts Empower San Diego Mega Conference, SDUSD VAPA Liaison Day)